Welcome

Digite abaixo o seu assunto de interesse

Gramática, Gírias, Expressões, Phrasal Verbs, Cultura, Curiosidades...

quinta-feira, 18 de novembro de 2010

Let´s be polite


LET’S BE POLITE

It’s very easy to be impolite while speaking a foreign language.Phrases and when they are normally used.I selected some polite phrases and when they are normally used.

Excuse me: Used to get someone´s attention (example: you want an information of someone walking on the street); A polite phrase to say before you walk away from someone.

Thank you, Thanks, I appreciate your help, It was very nice of you, Thanks a lot: Different ways of saying thank you.

Thanks, anyway: This one you use to thank someone who tries to help but isn´t able to.

You´re welcome, That was nothing, my pleasure, anytime, (informal - Not al all): Use these expressions after someone says Thank you.

I´m sorry, Please forgive me, I apologize, After you: A polite way to say go first or I will go after you.

I never liked ... : Use it to make a situation less embarrassing.For example, someone breaks a vase in your house.Instead of making someone feel bad about it, you can just say, I never liked that vase.

Have a safe trip home, Take care, See you: Polite phases to say when you are saying Good bye.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Drop me a line! Obrigado por visitar o blog.