Welcome

Digite abaixo o seu assunto de interesse

Gramática, Gírias, Expressões, Phrasal Verbs, Cultura, Curiosidades...

quarta-feira, 15 de dezembro de 2010

BORROW and LEND


BORROW and LEND - Do you know the difference?

See the examples:

Can I borrow your pen, please?

Can you lend me your pen, please?

I need to borrow some money from the bank, unless I won´t be able to pay all my bills. I hope they lend me!


Look at these definitions from the Cambridge Dictionary of American English:

borrow verb [I/T]
to take (something) from someone with the intention of giving it back after using it.
Could I borrow your bike until next week? [T]

lend verb
to give (something) to someone for a short period of time, expecting it to be given back.
Can you lend me a few dollars till payday?

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Drop me a line! Obrigado por visitar o blog.