Welcome

Digite abaixo o seu assunto de interesse

Gramática, Gírias, Expressões, Phrasal Verbs, Cultura, Curiosidades...

quarta-feira, 5 de janeiro de 2011

Reading: Pray you enough


Pray You ENOUGH

Recently, I overheard a mother and daughter in their last moments together at the airport.They had announced the departure.Standing near the security gate, they hugged, and the mother said, 'I love you, and I pray you enough.'

The daughter replied, 'Mom, our life together has been more than enough.Your love is all I ever needed. I pray you enough, too, Mom.'

They kissed, and the daughter left.The mother walked over to the window where I was seated.Standing there, I could see she wanted and needed to cry.I tried not to intrude on her privacy, but she welcomed me in by asking, 'Did you ever say good-bye to someone knowing it would be forever?'

Yes, I have,' I replied.'Forgive me for asking, but why is this a forever good-bye?'

'Well...I'm not as young as I once was, she lives so far away & has her own busy life. I have some challenges ahead, and the reality is - her next trip back will be for my funeral,' she said.

'When you were saying good-bye, I heard you say, 'I pray you enough.'May I ask what that means?'

She began to smile.. 'That's a prayer that has been handed down from other generations. My parents used to say it to everyone.' She paused a moment and looked up as if trying to remember it in detail, and she smiled even more.'When we said, 'I pray you enough,' we wanted the other person to have a life filled with just enough good things to sustain them.'

Then, turning toward me, she shared the following as if she were reciting it from memory.

I pray you enough sun to keep your attitude bright no matter how gray the day may appear.

I pray you enough rain to appreciate the sun even more.

I pray you enough happiness to keep your spirit alive and everlasting.

I pray you enough pain so that even the smallest of joys in life may appear bigger.

I pray you enough gain to satisfy your wanting.

I pray you enough loss to appreciate all that you possess.

I pray you enough hellos to get you through the final good-bye.

Then, she began to cry, and walked away.

They say, it takes a minute to find a special person, an hour to appreciate them, a day to love them, but an entire life to forget them.

* Only if you pray, send this to the people you will never forget, If you don't send it to anyone, it may mean that you are in such a hurry that you have forgotten your friends.

TAKE TIME TO LIVE.....

To all my loved ones family and friends

I PRAY YOU ENOUGH......

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário

Drop me a line! Obrigado por visitar o blog.