Welcome

Digite abaixo o seu assunto de interesse

Gramática, Gírias, Expressões, Phrasal Verbs, Cultura, Curiosidades...

quinta-feira, 29 de novembro de 2012

Reading: A Pastor’s life


After the church service a little boy told the pastor, "When I grow up, I'm going to give you some money." "Well, thank you," the pastor replied, "but why?" "Because my daddy says you're one of the poorest preachers we've ever had."

During the last Sunday service that the visiting pastor was to spend at the church he served for some months, his hat was passed around for a goodwill, farewell offering.

When it returned to the pastor, it was empty. The pastor didn’t flinch. He raised the hat to heaven. "I thank you, Lord, that I got my hat back from this congregation."

Struggling to make ends meet on a first-call salary, the pastor was livid when he confronted his wife with the receipt for a $250 dress she had bought. "How could you do this?!"
"I was outside the store looking at the dress in the window, and then I found myself trying it on," she explained. "It was like Satan was whispering in my ear, 'You look fabulous in that dress. Buy it!'" "Well," the pastor replied, "You know how I deal with that kind of temptation. I say, 'Get behind me, Satan!'" "I did," replied his wife, "but then he said, 'It looks fabulous from back here, too!'"

A pastor places his order at the pet store: "I need at least 50 mice, 2000 ants and as many of those little silverfish you can get." The clerk replies, "We can probably do that, but it might take some time. Mind if I ask why you are placing such an unusual order?" The pastor replies, "I've accepted a call to another church and the congregation council told me to leave the parsonage the way I found it."

2 comentários:

  1. Today there is still plenty of activity in all the area mines.
    It also happens sometimes that your character will say something silly.
    Gold is a platinum widely adorned and also highly valued globally.


    Also visit my web blog - mining

    ResponderExcluir
  2. This simulator combines the realistic
    control panels and control experience with the military
    element. Some of the game titles that are part of this genre
    involve the more recent of the Red Baron series
    and European Air model. In terms of sheer enjoyment, the Rollercoaster Tycoon series leads the pack.
    We would like to invite you to join our virtual airline
    in Ireland if you have some time that you can spend with is to
    fly online. Every plane is actually the virtual model
    of the real aircraft, including the controls that you can setup with the working, clickable cockpit.

    ResponderExcluir

Drop me a line! Obrigado por visitar o blog.